Minutes for Club Meeting – 1/4/15
1. Al Policano read the minutes from December’s meeting and gave the Treasurer's report.
2. The membership present voted to remove Kerry Raydo from the PNC account and add Al Policano to the account since he’s the new Secretary/Treasurer. It was also decided to remove James Dougherty from the club account as he moved to Arkansas in June of 2012.
3. Cliff Bendig reminded everybody that the speed limit on the driveway up to the field is 5 MPH. When the field is reopened please remember to keep your speed down. Also, our safety record was good this past year. No accidents!
4. A reminder to all club members – our field is an AMA field so you MUST have a current full membership with the AMA in order to fly. A park flyer membership will not work.
5. Murray Steinberg updated us on the plans for the Swap meet:
- Tables are starting to sell and flyers have been printed. Please pick a few up if you have a place where you can hang them.
- Advertising for our swap meet has begun. Murray has already posted notices at swap meets and hobby shops in the Pittsburgh area.
- We will need volunteers to help throughout the day: money collecting, ticket sales, kitchen, etc. The meet goes until 3 pm so even if you don’t plan on selling anything you can still participate.
- The info has been posted on the website.
- Jack Graham introduced an idea for the swap meet. Due to the overwhelming popularity of quadcopters and other small RC aircraft this Christmas, he thought we should set a time where somebody can get up and give a lecture on the rules and regulations of flying quadcopters and RC aircraft. It’s a good chance to make contact with budding RC enthusiasts while also getting a plug in for our club. There was a discussion on advertising this lecture in the paper in order to draw the people out. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the lecture please contact Jack.
- Any other questions please contact Murray.
6. Dinner meeting –the Siebenbuerger Club has been booked for February 8th. It will be a buffet dinner with a similar menu to what we had last year. The doors open at 5 pm with dinner at 6 pm. The cost is $14 per person. RSVP by February 1st to Al Policano so that we can get a headcount. You can pay at the meeting, but you must RSVP by the 1st. Make sure to bring something to fly afterwards!
7. Dale Edinger has stepped up and volunteered to coordinate the Air Show once again. It will be held on August 8th at the VoTech. The membership voted to once again give our proceeds to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
8. A Fun Fly was held last weekend at the VoTech. A lot of guys showed up, which was good because there was a lot of food for everybody (not to mention the heaters!). Since these are being so well attended we will have another Fun Fly. This one will be on February 15th at the VoTech, starting around 11 –ish.
9. There will also be a Fun Fly and swap meet at Dart Airport in Hartfield, NY (near Mayville) on January 17th. If you’ve never been to Dart you definitely need to take a ride out there. The museum is a must-see!
10. If there is anything that needs to go on the website, such as pictures or events, please make sure to send them to Sam Freeman. The contact information is on the website.
11. Show & Tell was held along with a raffle.